This is your invitation for your child to take part in an exciting pBuzz project
What’s a pBuzz? The pBuzz is a completely new musical instrument. The brightly coloured, light and smooth curved edged product has been designed specifically for mini musicians’ little hands. Simple and easy to play the mouthpiece makes it the perfect introduction to brass playing for early learners. Find out more – pbuzz.co.uk
Aim: To give children an introduction to playing a musical instrument and to the many opportunities for them at the South Derbyshire Music Centre
- We have places for just 15 children (ideally who are currently in Y2-Y4)
- There will be eight sessions during the autumn term, at the South Derbyshire Music Centre (based at the William Allitt School, Newhall).
- These will be on Tuesdays at 5-30pm until 6-10pm
- The first session will be on Tuesday 9 October 2018
- In the last session, children will be able to perform to parents/carers. They will also be presented with a certificate, together with advice about how they might continue learning an instrument, if they wish.
- Sessions will be delivered by Becca Pope.
- Cost for the whole project is £16. This includes free loan of a pBuzz, a free mouthpiece to keep, and any resources.
Invitations are being sent to the three schools which had the Music Centre’s Outreach Concerts last term, although the project is open to other children too. There are only fifteen places available, so these will be allocated on a first-come basis. Applications should be by email to Helen Smith, Music Coordinator. Please let us know:
- Name of your child:
- Current Year Group:
We will let you know as soon as possible if your application has been successful.
Any queries, please email Helen: email@example.com
Philip King (Head of South Derbyshire Music Centre)